🌟 New Features
One of the most wanted features has now been implemented: With the new version 0.5.0 you can add pictures to your Bonsai Writer documents.
You can use the structure menu in the menu bar or the context menu in the main text area. Or you can copy an image from another program and paste it into your document using the clipboard.
Pictures can be labelled with a title. To do this you use the Metadata view.
JPEGs often contain rotation information, which Bonsai Writer evaluates correctly so that the sky in your photos is at the top and the sea at the bottom.
Currently, the image formats PNG, JPEG, GIF and BMP are supported. Even animated images can be inserted as PNG or GIF. But beware! We haven’t added a way to stop them yet! 🤪😱🤯
🐞 Bug Fixes
- A code block is no longer split when the title is changed.
- The theme can now be changed again under Windows and Linux.
- The menu entry “Recently used documents” is no longer displayed under Windows and Linux.
💅 User Interface / Design
- The icons in the metadata view are now left-justified.
- Minor adjustments to the outline view.
- The input elements in the hyperlink popup and in the metadata view have been unified.
- The order of the menu entries for changing the structure has been unified in the structure menu of the menu bar and in the context menu of the main text area.
- Tooltips are now available to help you work with hyperlinks.
- When copying headings and block citations, the structure information is retained.